HEALTH & SAFETY
The Health and safety laws and environment bring to light the duty of everyone in a workplace to play their part, in ensuring the safety and welfare of people at work, while also protecting others in our working environment from risks to health or safety that arise from the activities of persons at work.
At LIDGARD SAILS AND SHADES we accept that it is our responsibility to do all that is practicable to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees at work and of others who could be affected by our work.
LIDGARD SAILS AND SHADES has a policy of continually improving our health and safety systems.
LIDGARD SAILS AND SHADES is committed to health and safety in all areas of it's operation so that those who may be affected by our activities do not suffer injury or ill health.
This will be achieved by all members of Lidgard Sails and Shades working together towards improvement, implementing hazard identification systems and eliminating hazards before injury or ill health occurs.
We Aim To:
- Control and manage the health and safety risks arising from our work;
- Promote a culture in which all employees demonstrate health and safety leadership;
- Engage with our employees on issues affecting their health and safety;
- Identify and comply with all legal requirements;
- Instruct, inform, and train our employees to ensure the competence of anyone working for us;
- Provide applicable risk assessment and reviews, as required;
- Monitoring and review our work activities and policies to ensure improvements are identified where needed;
- Investigate and analyse all accidents and incidents to prevent re-occurrence;
- Provide suitable p.p.e and ensure it is used;
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is in a safe working condition and is maintained to good standard;
- Control all work areas and keep them free from risk to employees, or any other persons and that access to and from the areas are safe;
- Put procedures in place for emergencies and ensure that they are fully understood;